CJ Industries were the civil works contractor on the award Saltwater Creek Bridge Replacement Project for the Nelson City Council. We provided the onsite project management as well as traffic management which involved the challenge of working adjacent to the main road and the entrance to Nelson city and a very tight site construction area. Other challenges included critical time-lines, pedestrian management and sediment control adjacent to a tidal waterway and environmental protection. We were highly commended for effective and efficient control of the project.
The scope of work included:
- Earth works and subsoil drainage
- Construction of timber and precast concrete retaining walls
- Forming concrete bridge abutments and landings
- Assisting the bridge builder with 13m deep drilled bridge piles and bridge installation
- Construct concrete and asphalt foot paths
- Concrete and asphalt footpaths
This project was a winner at the Nelson/Marlborough Architecture Awards as well as the Exterior Structure Design award for their detailing and use of timber at the NZ Wood Timber Design Awards.
Links to these articles below: